|Fieseler Fi 156 Storch G-BPHZ|
Under restoration at Retrotec with an original Argus engine. Post-war use with French (as F-BJOC) as an Argus engined MS 500 with all the evidence of German manufacturer's specification, including side opening doors, and many other brackets and parts not always seen on MS 502 and 505. Later on BJOC was converted to MS 505, but the original MS 500 data plates is still affixed and is a war-time German design. Most minor components and assemblies (for example the undercarriage and control brackets) are German Fieseler 156 marked. Tail number 1827. Original rear gunner's ring for MG 15.
|Hawker Hind L 7181|
Ex Kabul airport Hind L 7181. This is an original recovery, and has been the subject of much expense. It is being sold to fund the restoration of last remaining Hawker Audax, being restored at Retrotec. The price is £350,000 plus VAT and includes an excellent Kestrel engine, which appears to be test run only.
Please click to view more
|Hawker Nimrod II K3661 (G-BURZ)|
Hawker Nimrod II K3661 (G-BURZ), currently owned and operated by the Historic Aircraft Collection (HAC) at Duxford airfield in the UK
This aircraft is very different to the Nimrod I, in that it has swept wings, a tail wheel, a very complex steam condensing cooling system and a gas start system. The engine was more powerful also, a Kestrel VI engine being specified.
The aircraft remains were recovered and donated to the RAF Museum, who held them in store at RAF Henlow. The fuselage only was sold off by the museum when the Henlow storage facility was closed, to Mike Cookman, who was constructing an Hawker Typhoon at the time, from relic parts. Aero Vintage Ltd. bought the Nimrod fuselage from him in August 1991, and later that year, the wings (including the wings from a second Nimrod that Aero Vintage acquired, but a Nimrod I) and tail unit, which by now had re-appeared at the RAF Museum's Cosford 'deep' storage facility. The engine remains with the RAF Museum.
Click to continue reading.
|Spitfire Mk Vc EF545|
The aeroplane was built by Westland Aircraft in Yeovil in October 1941. On 5 March 1943 it was shipped on the SS Asphalian to Australia where in September F/Sgt Turner of 79 Squadron, RAAF, took possession at Breddan.
- On 13 November 1943 it suffered a wheels-up landing and although deemed repairable sadly the Spitfire met its end on 15 December 1943 when during an engine check it ignited and was badly damaged and converted to spares.
- It remained abandoned at Kiriwina airfield until it was discovered by Charles Darby in 1972 with the assistance of David Tallichet.
- The remains of this Spitfire was one of three transported to Lae in 1974 from where they passed through several locations within New Zealand.
- Ultimately the remains of the EF545 were identified by Chris Warrillow who transported them to the UK and then into the ownership of Aero Vintage Ltd in December 2001.
- The registration G-CDGY was reserved on 19 January 2005.
This Mk Vc Spitfire represents a fantastically rare opportunity to acquire a genuine early mark Spitfire with the 'short' Merlin engine. Being light, aerobatic and relatively easy to manage, it has been acknowledged to be amongst the most delightful of Spitfires to fly.
Click To Continue Reading>
|Yak-1 with restoration|
This extremely rare aeroplane, Yak-1 No. 1342, (G-BTZD) is offered FOR SALE by Retrotec Ltd with a restoration contract at a fixed price. Retrotec is one of the most experienced research and restoration companies working on pre-1945 ex-military aircraft.
Retrotec and its associate company Aero Vintage Ltd have been managing the research and restoration of this aircraft for Historic Aircraft Collection Ltd., the owners of the Yak-1, since the aircraft was recovered from Russia in the early 1990s. The research has been painfully slow due to many of the original records being lost and the need to translate those that we did find into English.
Click to see more
|Yak-7 Project |
This consists of a mainly complete cockpit section, some tail parts, and a very good engine bay complete with cowlings and propeller. The aircraft force landed on ice during the war, and sunk into a fresh water lake. In amazing condition considering the immersion, it looks as if the magnesium wheels acted as a sacrificial anode protecting to a considerable extent the rest of the aircraft. The Klimov engine looks in very good condition, and having no magnesium castings, seems to have survived remarkably well, although we have not looked inside. The guns are restored and are deactivated. A survey at cost can be undertaken. The undercarriage and short stubs of wings are present, but no other wing parts are available. This would be ideal to restore and to incorporate into one of the replica Yak-3 to create an authentic wartimeYak-7 with an identity.